Irish Circles

Irish Circles
Last years block of the month

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today's News

Hi everyone, I have so much news today I talk too much and probably blog too much but you can just look at the pictures if you want.
Today my husband and I went out for lunch to the beautiful Paragon in Katoomba. It is so unusual for us both to have the same day off it was lovely. I wanted to check out the dinning room as I am organising a dinner for Summer School, I already have a wonderful guest speaker (no it's not me) she will dazzle you with her quilts.
I think you will agree after seeing the photo's we will have to have our dinner here, the Queen came in 1954!
So here is the heritage listed Paragon established in 1916.
Ballroom

Dining room.

Old cash register.

Coffee shop in the front of the building.

Not that I was looking but chocolate counter.

Lunch was yummy.
I have also booked the Community hall for Summer School which is opposite the railway station has plenty of parking is adjacent to a park for lunch outside and a stroll to the shops plus has loads of room.

For those of you doing Hidcote garden block of the month the Dutch chintz fabric I used is being reprinted.
Lisbeth will let us know when it is back in stock. I used antique ecru Marken fabric border stripe which is the same colour as the Tree of Life panel.

Next topic The Folk Art quilt. The quilt is 220x250.
Here are my side baskets.







Phew I have been busy! When you cut your borders for the baskets cut down the length of the fabric and add sides first then top and bottom, I had it the other way around on the pattern which is a very tight squeeze.
I will post some of the girls Folk Art homework Sunday as I think I have said enough!
Loving Autumn
Karen

6 comments:

  1. I love watching your blog and guess what ? I work in the same store as Elsbeth. That is a very familiair border fabric. We hope to get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news re Summer School- I love the idea of a `Dinner` and a Guest Speaker- fun for all
    We have about 8 `tried and true `Summer Schoolers ready to go !
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before moving to Far Nth Qld we used to drive over the Blue Mountains a lot and always stopped at the Paragon in Katoomba for refreshments - thank you for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well as always Karen your baskets look great...finally I have finished my centre so yahoo I can start my baskets.Homework block no 2 also finished.See you soon Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a grand building...and good to see the priorities have been taken care off...chocolate counter!!! So looking forward to January.
    Your baskets are gorgeous...as always.
    In a surprising move given that Summer School was only two months ago, I have pieced borders A & B of Lullaby ready to be appliqued in place...loving it so far...Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Karen, your folk art quilt is looking very beautiful, and inspires me to want to do more of it. Love your blog and the chocolate counter looks very enticing.
    simone ROOM 23!!

    ReplyDelete