Irish Circles

Irish Circles
Last years block of the month

Monday, October 6, 2014

Summer School

Hi everyone,
Summer School info goes out in the morning please email me if I miss you.
We are having SS at The Redleaf Resort this year so if you are staying there you can sew in your PJ's!
The new owners have promised good food and a lovely room to work in.
Can't wait!
Well I did have a strange month the block of the month had two block six and no five... It's like the 13th floor just isn't there. 
Thank goodness Wendy  and Anne had the courage to tell me to "take panadol and go to bed" or I might still be only making block sixes.
Here is block Seven and eight.



The quilt so far looks like this.

I have finished the appliqué border that goes across the top, so cute.
 
I had a lovely cooking day with Saxon here is the delicious plate of cup cakes.
Still finding sprinkles.
I used my Be-Ro cook book my grandmother bought me.
Be-Ro flour came from the north of England.
It's lovely to have this memento from my Grandma,so important to remember to sign books.

I have a couple of emails of finished quilts
So here are two from Sheryn.
Miss porter and John.
The Nottingham Quilt.
Here is Lesley's Sampler which was recently displayed at the Maitland show.
Thank you for sharing your work.

This is Michele's amazing hexagon block.
The tech girls... Yes Michele and Brenda showed me how to get on the Instagram still not sure what I am doing but it is fun, thanks girls more time on my phone.

Anna was in Amsterdam and called into Petra Prins shop... So jealous!
But there is a parcel coming home for me, she said it is a beautiful store can't wait to go one day.

I fly to Melbourne on Thursday to visit and go to Quilts in The Barn.
I have so much on my list to do, can't wait!
Good night all,
Karen x


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always thankyou for taking us on the journey of your quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo, classes and accomodation booked , I'm ready!
    Thanks Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Block 7 and 8 are wonderful, so is the border, .. thats beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I LOVE the border Karen! Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete