Irish Circles

Irish Circles
Last years block of the month

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter.


Hope you are all enjoying your Easter eggs this morning.
I have a quiet moment to update my blog before the entire family arrives for dinner.

The girls in class have heard all about Cinnamon Buns and Barry, two bunnies I am looking after for my daughter who now lives in Adelaide.
I thought Easter was a good time for a photo.
Cinnamon Buns, really likes her food.
Barry, still going 18 months after the stroke, defying the vet who predicted he was not long for this world.
Barry Cunningham.
They are cute Saxon loves feeding them.

Back to quilting!
I have bought some of the new French General material to make a quilt for summer school.
Just letting you know as it is available in stores now.
Here's what I bought.
2 mtrs of each and 20 cm of lots of bits and pieces.
The quilt will be nine blocks fourteen and a half inches. Appliqué a small amount of foundation piecing and put together on the machine, perfect easy quilt to show case the fabrics.
Of course it could be made with what you have on the shelf.
I have started my Dear Jane!
It really is a lot of fun.
Birds and Blooms has created some wonderful blocks, a few girls have commented how lovely our Lucy Boston blocks are, Birds and Blooms is a hexagon rosette block but the fabrics would be good for both blocks.
Here are a few more.


The girls are really coming along with their samplers.



That's all for today, I love family get togethers hope you are all having a happy Easter Sunday,
Karen x

6 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Karen Blair Anna and boys xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Karen, enjoy your time with your family, and a Happy Easter to you and those you love. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter ! Or as we say Fijne Paasdagen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great Easter Karen...the bunnies are so cute...argh you tease with fabrics for the Summer School quilt... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bunny pictures.
    The pictures of those samplers are wonderful, I do love that pattern !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday for the 30th

    ReplyDelete