Irish Circles

Irish Circles
Last years block of the month

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Snap Decision

Hi Everyone, I have decided to go to the Melbourne show! on Sunday for the day. I am working Saturday at Mittagong and Monday at Killara so I can only spare one day. My friend Anne is coming with me she is one of my friends who just goes with the flow thank god a lot of people think I am mad but the plane only takes one hour and thirty five minutes to get from Sydney to Melbourne. I have plenty of time for shopping arrive 8.30 am and leaving 9.00 pm in my opinion perfectly normal behaviour.

News just in more Dutch chintz has arrived so get to it and get yours before it sells out again.

Well lets look at the show and tell from Blueberries.
Jackie is the owner and spent all three days getting ready for the Melbourne show. I know she is smiling but slightly stressed five classes going over three days and the show coming up, what a legend.


 Here is Rachael our class Hexpert she just loves the English piecing.
Three girls have started English Autumn this year and here are the centre's completed.

Above Gloria's below Val and Cathee, just lovely.



Here are my friends Helen, Neryl and Annette hard at work, when I first met the Maitland girls 12 years ago I knew instantly they were kindred spirits love fabric make lovely quilts and always happy!

I was asked to take along a couple of older designs this month so here are The Little Garden and Summer Storm, which the girls renamed The silly tree quilt.


I stay in a very nice resort called The Mantra when I teach in Wyong and here is the view from my window this month.

Hard to take.
The Hobbysew girls, Sue, Sally, Bronwyn and Madeline
Bev and Bronwyns daughter Nicole so nice to have a mother and daughter come together.

O.k that is all this time hope to have more photos and news from my expedition this weekend.
Hope everyone is happily stitching on this cold Thursday until next time,
Karen.
  

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun at the how Karen. I don't think you come to Melbourne enough! Love that quilt behind your Hexperts elbow. Is that one of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems reasonable to me to fly down for the day...have a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the photos Karen, everyone's work is gorgeous. I agree with Deb on the quilt behind the Hexpert, that really caught my eye too!
    Enjoy Melbourne :)
    Sharon in Sydney

    ReplyDelete